My schedule was a bit rough this week. We had 5 performances between Thursday and Friday, and rehearsals every night from 5:30 – 10pm. Two morning performances on Thursday and a rehearsal that night, and two morning performances and one evening performance Friday night. Luckily Thursday was a rest day from Body Beast! Friday I got my workout in between the morning & evening shows. Saturday and Sunday were supposed to be legs and back/bis respectively. However, my monthly visitor had other plans! Usually I can overcome the pain by exercising, but not this time! The overall experience has been worse this month than it has been in quite some time. I’m certain there are multiple factors at play.
First, simply being more stressed trying to get to rehearsals on time, getting makeup/wig/costumes on in time, getting lines/delivery/choreography right, etc. Because rehearsals are until 10pm and it’s 30 minutes away, we get home later, get in bed later, get to sleep later, it’s difficult to get enough sleep. We’ve been helping with sets, props, costumes, etc. which means exposure to chemicals in glue, paint, perfumes, etc. Since being diagnosed with hypothyroidism back in 2009, I’ve become very sensitive to chemicals, so breathing in all these fumes is not good for my immune system. There are a few people who are sick, and we’re in close corridors, so the germs are unavoidable! The theatre we’re performing in is very old, so no doubt there’s mold and all sorts of other things I’m breathing in during all the hours I’m spending there. Add in that I had a cookie and some chips one day (which I normally don’t eat), not as much fruit as normal, and forgot to use my progesterone cream a few days. All the things listed above can affect hormones, and I’ve been breathing in hormone disruptors, so it’s no wonder this has been a difficult monthly “visit” for me!
All that said, here are my workouts for the week:
- Monday: Body Beast Build Back/Bis – 50 minutes and Six Pack Abs from Blast Off the Belly Fat with Suzanne Bowen (http://amzn.to/1FwL5Wc)
- Tuesday: Body Beast Cardio – 38 minutes, Body Beast Abs – 10 minutes, Easygoing Flow from This is Yoga with Tara Stiles (http://amzn.to/1MUOkJv)
- Wednesday: Body Beast Build Shoulders – 38 minutes
- Thursday: Rest day
- Friday: Body Beast Build Chest/Tris – 49 minutes (Yes, I did this between the morning performances and the evening performance!)
- Saturday: Rest day (forced by cramps/fatigue)
- Sunday: Rest day (forced by cramps/fatigue)
The workouts that I missed will be made up this week. Regardless of the temporary setback, I will complete this 90 day Body Beast Challenge!
Thanks for taking the time to read!