If you read my post from last week, you saw that I had gained weight and size, which I attributed to my “friend” looming & not getting enough sleep. After the initial shock of seeing the weight gain, I realized it’s common for me to get bloated around this time. I accepted it as part of being a woman and drive on. At first I was really upset, and questioned my decision to become a Beachbody coach. How can I convince people to try Beachbody products if I’m having troubles? Thinking about it logically, I realize that me deciding to continue on and not give up is likely to inspire other people to be persistent about things that are important for them. It may not even be fitness related. The concept that just because you have a set back doesn’t mean you quit can be applied to anything in life. If my actions inspire one person to continue following their dreams, then I’ve done my job!
Between my girl problems, lack of sleep and the workouts getting more intense, it dawned on me that I needed to increase my vitamin intake. I already have to take more vitamins than most people to support what my hypothyroidism depletes (selenium, iron, B vitamins, etc.). Stress also depletes vitamins, and that includes stress from exercise and the stress of menstruation. So, I took extra vitamins A-C, magnesium, and calcium, and added chromium picolinate, evening primrose oil & omega 3 fish oil. I madeit a priority to get to bed 30 – 45 minutes earlier each night, and as a result it was much easier to get out of bed and to get through the workouts.
Here are my workouts for the week:
- Monday: PiYo Drench – 45 minutes
- Tuesday: PiYo Core – 30 minutes
- Wednesday: PiYo Buns – 30 minutes
- Thursday: PiYo Sculpt – 30 minutes (it was pretty difficult to get through this workout, because I had pretty bad cramps & a headache, but I made it through)
- Friday: PiYo Sweat – 35 minutes (also difficult to get through because I was still having menstrual issues, but not as bad as Thursday)
- Saturday: PiYo Drench – 45 minutes
- Sunday: no workout – I took my rest day because I needed it! My shoulder & neck muscles have been sore all week & needed a break.
I was hoping to get back to where I was two weeks ago in terms of weight and measurements, since I was bloated and retaining water. It was close, bu I didn’t quite make it. I’m 1 lb heavier than I was two weeks ago, my measurements remained the same in most areas, but I lost 1/4 in from my belly, so I’ll take it! I’ve got two weeks left of the PiYo Challenge. Once I get to the finale, I’ll post my before and after pictures. Of course, I’ll also be posting them on my Team Beachbody coach’s page. If you’d like to check it out, click here: www.beachbodycoach.com/CLEANFITCOACHHODGSON
Have a great week and thanks for reading!